Received a note from a friend that TellTale Games is giving a free episode of Sam and Max or Strong Bad if you sign up for their newsletter. What a refreshing change from the normal mantra of buy our game and get a bonus or pay for this media and get a bonus.
Imagine…wanting to actually let people try your games? What a concept, recently Sony in North America irked a lot of people by offering the Killzone 2 demo as a Gamestop exclusive pre-order bonus. It then became public knowledge that the demo would be available on Feb. 5th on the European store with no pre-order. This is completely ridiculous, the demo is excellent and having experienced the Multiplayer Beta I can safely say the entire game will be very, very good. If that is the case why the HELL would you not want everyone to try the game?? Well as a PSA (Public Service Announcement) here is how to create a European account:
1. First create a new user for your PS3.
2. Sign Up for the Playstation Network.
3. Select Europe as your Country/Region. (You can select ANY region as long as you can provide a real address.)
4. Make sure your language is set to English.
5. Select Master Account.
6. Create an e-mail account for your new PSN ID. If you have another e-mail address you can use just use it.. a friends, a parents, or a girlfriends etc. Otherwise visit any of the free e-mail websites below:
* Gmail – http://www.google.com/mail/help/promo1.html
* lycos – http://mail.lycos.com/lycos/Index.lycos
* mail.com – http://www.mail.com
* hotmail – http://www.hotmail.msn.com
* AOL – http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/email.adp
Once you’ve created an account simply use the e-mail address in your registration.
7. Create an online ID.
8. Enter a name, it’s up to you how to play this one.
9. Next you’ll need to provide a valid address for the region. I like to use addresses that pertain to royalty, like Buckingham Palace!
That’s it, congratulations you’ve now successfully created a European account to get the Killzone 2 demo (and LocoRoco 2 when released).